Friday, April 27, 2012

Black women, how do I style my natural hair with straw curls?

I have very long, very thick natural hair. Normally, I style my hair in braids, but I decided to let my hair breathe for a while. I didn't want to wear my regular afro, so I would appreciate any tips on styling my hair this way. I know that I need straws, but what else do I need? How long can it typically take to style? If you could provide a link with how-to instructions, that'd be great. Thanks!



Black women, how do I style my natural hair with straw curls?

Straw Set Black Hairstyle



Wearing a straw set black hairstyle is a great way to eliminate the need to work on your hair daily and while it is going out to natural again. To acheive a natural black (Afro) hairstyle, you'll need: several plastic drinking straws or small perm hairstyling rods that are slightly larger for looser curls; setting lotion; and hair end tissue papers. (See instructions on product packaging for proper use of each item.)



INSTRUCTIONS



Step 1: Start by shampooing and conditioning your hair and then saturate it with a high quality hair setting lotion.



Step 2: Part you hair into 1/4 to 1/2 inch sections and place end papers on the ends of your hair.



Step 3: Roll your hair onto each straw and then secure them using hair pins.



Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3 until you have completed your entire head.



Step 5: Dry your hair under a hair dryer.



Step 6: Remove the straws and separate each curl using your fingers. For this hairstyle, only finger combing your hair is necessary, however, to insure your hair does not become dry, spray it with som oil sheen styling conditioner.



Black women, how do I style my natural hair with straw curls?

I agree with above. Just don't forget to curl your hair down the straw. Not just wrapping all of your hair around the straw...it will never dry like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment